Thursday, November 27, 2008

Reflection 10

This last week we went and taught the 6th graders about bouancy and why things float. I have not had a chance yet to watch the video of myself but I loved it and think everything went well. We ran into a slight difficulty when, according to our formula, a block was supposed to sink when instead it was floating. This wouldn't have been much of a problem if I had planned and tried out all of the blocks beforehand but I didn't so I panicked. I was frantically looking at my teaching helpers for help but once I calmed down and thought about the situation (reflected while teaching in a way) I realized why the block way floating and then explained it to the class. I know that in my teaching future I am going to run into problems so I need to remember to calm down and think about the situation and maybe ask the class if they can figure it out - if neither of these things work then I will figure out the solution/reasoning and explain it the next time the class gathers.

No comments: