Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Reflection 5

Something particular that stuck out to me while observing Centennial Middle School in Provo was the huge amount of energy it takes to be a good and effective teacher. Jared is student teaching there and he had Matt and I walk around and help the students with the building of their paper rockets. I only did this for an hour and I noticed it drained my energy. I now know why many teachers like to sit behind their desk while the students work on projects- they are tired and don't feel like being on their feet, crouching down helping kids for 7 hours. Noticing this helps me create goals to go to bed early as often as possible and eat breakfast every morning so that I will have enough energy to teach like I would like to. I know myself pretty well and I do not do well when I don't get my sleep or breakfast.

No comments: